New LEVERevolution line of cartridges for tubular magazines will have you reaching for that old crank-action once again.
Hornady Ammunition recently announced their latest innovative offering -- the LEVERevolution line of cartridges. Designed for lever-guns, all cartridges in the LEVERevolution line house the Evolution bullet that features an elastomer flex tip that not only improves the ballistic coefficient of the bullets, but also addresses the safety concerns that are generally associated with loading pointed bullets into a tubular magazine. Hornady also developed new propellants that reportedly provide up to 250 fps more muzzle velocity at safe pressures, resulting in a flatter shooting bullet with 40 percent more velocity. The initial offerings in the LEVERevolution line include:
- .30-30 Winchester, 160 gr. Evolution (Muzzle velocity = 2,400 fps)
- .35 Remington, 200 gr. Evolution (2,225 fps)
- .444 Marlin, 265-gr. Evolution (2,050 fps)
- .45-70 Government, 325-gr. Evolution (2,050 fps)
- .450 Marlin, 325-gr. Evolution (2,225 fps)
Both the .30-30 Winchester and .35 Remington are available on dealer's shelves now, while the .444 Marlin, .45-70 Govt., and .450 Marlin will be available in Spring of 2006.