November 08, 2010
Adding the enhanced ballistics of Superformance ammo to varmint loads.
By Press Release
New Superformance Varmint loads include (l. to r.) .222 Rem., .223 Rem., .22-250 Rem., and .243 Win.
Grand Island, NE--Speed Kills! Varmint hunters can now reap the benefits of Hornady Superformance propellant technology in their favorite varmint cartridges. Superformance Varmint ammunition delivers muzzle velocity increases of 100 to 200 feet per second from EVERY gun. Accuracy, increased range, flatter trajectory, less wind drift and devastating terminal results are all realized with Superformance Varmint ammunition. Featuring the industry leading polymer tipped Hornady V-MAX bullet that delivers match accuracy and rapid fragmentation, Superformance Varmint ammunition from Hornady extends current varmint cartridge efficiency and performance. Optimal results are achieved in all firearms, and Superformance Varmint ammunition is safe to use in all action types, including semi-autos.
- Superformance Varmint is 100 to 200 fps FASTER than ANY conventional ammunition.
- Achieve superior accuracy, increased range, flatter trajectory, less wind drift.
- Polymer tipped Hornady V-MAX bullets deliver match accuracy and rapid fragmentation.
- Optimal results are achieved in ALL firearms, including semi-autos.
INITIAL SUPERFORMANCE VARMINT OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- .222 Remington with 50 gr V-MAX at 3,345 feet per second (delivers .223 Remington Ballistics!!)
- .223 Remington at 3,465 feet per second pushing the BRAND NEW, 53 gr V-MAX bullet that has been optimized for peak performance from the .223 Remington chamber. This new bullet boasts an amazing .290 BC that enables this load to produce trajectory and wind drift equaling that of a conventional .22-250!
- .22-250 Remington loaded with the 50 gr V-MAX at 4,000 feet per second
- .243 Winchester Superformance Varmint load pushing a 58 gr V-Max at 3,925 feet per second
For more information, visit Hornady's Superformance Varmint Loads webpage